Meet Krista Schultz, MEd, CSCS – Coach, Athlete & Personal Trainer
In her own words:
I was nervous and anxious as I lined up with the other girls in my age group at start of the 750 meter swim for my first triathlon. I had never swum in open water for even close to that distance. When a horn signaled the start, my heart jumped, but then time seemed to fly by. I exited the water and then quickly found myself having fun on the heavy, borrowed bike I was using. When I ran across the finish line that day I felt tired and hungry, but I also felt a strong sense of accomplishment.
As I grew in the sport and raced more, I realized that I had gift to help others discover their own potential. My passion for the sport of triathlon parallels my desire to help athletes of all levels and ability realize they can do well in a triathlon, too.
With her practical experience and education in exercise physiology, Krista also understands the science behind training, giving her the depth and breadth of knowledge to develop well-rounded, individualized training and strength programs.
Leveraging her passion, practical experience and education, Krista has literally helped thousands of endurance athletes and non-athletes achieve their success through coaching, consulting, clinics, seminars, performance testing and camps. She has also written articles for magazines like Triathlete Magazine and Runners World and is the founder of She Does Tri for Women, which focuses on helping females achieve confidence through health and fitness.
Krista currently works with both individuals and groups on race-specific training, nutrition, personal fitness and athletic achievement.
- Overall female winner of the Galesburg Half Marathon in 2014
- Qualified and competed in the Ironman Hawaii World Championship
- Represented Maryland for the Best of the U.S. Triathlon Championship from 2006-2008
- Achieved USA Triathlon All-American status four times
- Competed in the Duathlon World Championship in 2006
Krista’s education includes:
Krista’s experiences includes:
- Working with Johns Hopkins physical therapy staff
- Strength and conditioning coach at Towson University
- Assistant track and x-country coach at Goucher College
- Testing the metabolic and performance parameters of 1,000+ athletes